Continuing Medical Education
As part of our dedication to developing our talent, MountainStar Healthcare offers a variety of CME courses designed to improve the knowledge and skills of our providers.
CME mission statement
Types of activities
The CME program activities are presented in two formats:
- Live courses focusing on a particular topic or public health issue and;
- Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS) such as grand rounds, case conferences and tumor boards.
The activities are designed to meet the educational needs of the main specialties represented on the medical staff. Occasional special seminars may be arranged during the year for CME credit to address certain issues of interest to the medical staff.
The expected result of the CME program is for physicians to be able to apply new medical knowledge and new treatment modalities to their practices; improve their performance in practice; and as a result improve patient care outcomes.
We will measure these expected results by:
- Asking physicians to commit to changes in their practice or behavior; with applying the knowledge they have gained;
- Having physicians describe how they will apply the knowledge they have gained into their practices; have the opportunity to explore new treatment modalities;
- Using hospital measures to identify specific performance change and/or improvements to patient care and safety; make a commitment to change their practice or behavior as a result of the educational intervention; and/or
- Use Quality reporting to see results for patient care outcomes; show improvement that impacts specific performance measures and/or patient care outcomes through quality and patient safety measures.