We want you to have a safe, comfortable and satisfying visit when seeing a patient at our facility. Learn more about the amenities and services available to our visitors.
“Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”
We meet our mission by adhering to the following values:
- I: Integrity – Do the Right thing
- C: Compassion – Do the Kind thing
- A: Accountability – Do the Responsible thing
- R: Respect – Do the Considerate thing
- E: Excellence – Do the Best thing
We strive to offer a patient and family friendly environment and understand that having a loved one close is important to many patients. We do not have formal visiting hours, but most units have specific visiting policies based on patient needs. Your nurse can explain these to you. We ask visitors to be sensitive to the needs of our patients for rest and request courtesy to others at all times.
Hospital visitation policy effective January 18th, 2023
- During flu season (October 1st to March 31st) visitors must be over the age of 12
- Any visitor under age 18, must be accompanied by an adult
- No visitors under the age of 12 are allowed on Family Birth Place, except siblings after the delivery of the child. Siblings cannot stay the night and must be accompanied by an adult
- No visitors under the age of 14 are allowed to visit IMC or ICU
- No visitors under the age of 18 are allowed in the NICU
- All departments recognize quiet hours from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am
- ICU limits visitation from 4:00 – 7:00 am and pm
- BHU allows daily visitation from 7:00 – 8:00 pm
- RTC allows visitation on Sundays from 1:30–5:00 pm
- ACT does not allow visitors
- Pediatrics allows one parent per patient to stay the night
- ARU visitation is from 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Family Birth Place will allow only the banded support person to stay the night. During labor after 10:00 pm, four other visitors are allowed, but cannot switch out. For delivery after 10:00 pm, visitors can stay for 2 hours and then must return the following day during normal visiting hours.
Number of visitors:
- In the Emergency Department, patients may have up to two visitor stay with them in either the patient’s room or in the waiting area
- In the ICU, NICU, BHU, or RTC, patients may have up to two visitors in the room at a time
- In Family Birth Place, patients may have up to four visitors at a time plus one support person
- In Pediatrics, the patient parents are encouraged to stay with patients under age 18 and must be readily available when called if not able to stay at the hospital
- Up to two support people can wait with them until the procedure
- Be advised that some of our waiting areas are small, and will not accommodate large numbers of people, so we recommend making other arrangements for waiting. We are happy to notify the patient's support person when the procedure is complete so they can return to the hospital. Parents should stay if children are here for procedures.
- For patients having a procedure that will require an overnight stay, the support person may wait in the patient's room, if it is available.
- All visitors are asked to wash or sanitize hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer before entering the facility, and before and after being in patient rooms.
- There may be special circumstances that require visiting outside of these guidelines. We will work on an individual basis to accommodate those needs. Please contact the House Supervisor at (801) 317-7888 to discuss those circumstances.
order for patients to receive optimal care, ORMC must maintain a
therapeutic environment in its health care facility. All patients and
visitors are expected to refrain from behaviors that are disruptive, or
pose a threat to the rights or safety of other patients, visitors, staff,
or the facility. Any behavior that significantly impairs the ability of a
facility to operate effectively, or deliver patient care, will not be
tolerated. This behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal or physical fighting
- Loud voices or hostile tones of voice
- Rude, profane, racist, or culturally offensive remarks
- Threats of physical harm, intimidation, or coercive behavior
- Weapons of any type (including firearms, knives, chemical sprays, etc.)
- Possession of alcohol, illegal drugs, or behavior conducive with alcohol or drug usage)
- Inappropriate or offensive clothing
- Any other inappropriate behavior as determined by staff
- Visitors refusing to comply with the visitor code of conduct may be removed from the premises, restricted from returning to campus, and if warranted, may have criminal charges filed against them.
- Stay home of you are feeling sick, and consult with your doctor if your child is experiencing symptoms
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom
- Avoid kissing, hugging, touching and sharing the cup or utensils with people who are sick
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs, especially if someone is sick
Patient room telephones
Each patient room has a unique telephone number that allows for both incoming and outgoing calls. Your loved one can be reached by dialing (801) 479-2 + room number (except for in the Critical Care Unit). For example, the phone number of room #330 would be (801) 479-2330.
You may also call our switchboard at (801) 479-2111 and ask to speak with your loved one.
Chaplains are available to offer spiritual and emotional care and support to patients, family, and friends. Call 2138 or dial the operator for assistance. A chapel is located between the IMC (second wing) and ICU (third wing) units for quiet reflection. Grief Support and Resiliency Groups are offered, please contact Pastoral Care for information.
Interpreters are available to assist non-English speaking patients and families. Call our switchboard at (801) 479-2111 for assistance.
To promote the healthy well-being of our patients, families and hospital staff, Ogden Regional Medical Center is a tobacco-free campus. The use of all tobacco products is prohibited inside the hospital and on hospital grounds.
Cafeteria and Subway Sandwiches
Our Cafeteria and Subway Sandwich locations can be found on the Ground Floor. You can reach our cafeteria by calling (801) 479-2182 from outside the building or extension 7777 while staying with us.
|Breakfast 7:00am - 10:00am
|Breakfast 7:30am - 9:30am
|Lunch 11:00am - 2:00pm
|Breakfast 7:30am - 9:30am
Welcome to our gift shop
Gift shop and online store
We offer an on-site gift shop provide both over-the-phone and online ordering. We offer complimentary, same-day delivery of all the specialty items in our gift shop, including fresh flowers and plants, custom gift baskets, personal care items, books and magazines, and unique home and fashion items.
Main gift shop: (801) 479-2077
Located in our main lobby
For your convenience, we accept phone orders during gift shop operating hours (no minimum purchase required), or you can conveniently purchase gifts through our online gift shop.
Complimentary same-day delivery is provided to hospital patients and family members.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express for online or phone orders.
Please remember that live plants and flowers are not allowed in Intensive Care Unit. For infection control reasons, they must remain at the nursing station until the patient is released from the hospital or transferred to another unit.
Custom gifts for every occasion
- "Get well" and "Thinking of you" gift baskets
- Custom gift baskets for special relatives
- Custom gift baskets for children (share with us the child's age and gender)
- Beautiful fresh flower arrangements
- Potted or silk plants decorated with a gift bow
- Balloon bouquets, including ones that sing when tapped
Gift shop items
- Personal care items (lip balm, lotion, hairbrushes, toothpaste & nail clippers)
- Socks, slippers and robes
- Games and plush animals
- Cards, magazines and books
- Clothing, purses and scarves
- Inspirational gifts and collectible figurines
- Fashion jewelry and reading glasses
- Picture frames
- Seasonal gifts
- Weekly special promotions - be sure to ask about this week's current feature!
- Customer reward program - earn gift shop rewards by accumulating points on all qualified purchases